Monday, November 16, 2015

FHE: BEARing our Testimonies

Did you know that today is "Party with your Bear" day? Neither did I until I looked it up. Not very specific on how to celebrate but I DID know that we should have fun with it. We invited Broseph's special friend that he's had since before he was born. Teddy. We talked about the importance of bearing our testimonies; not only in sacrament but in our everyday lives. Our Bishop once told us that our testimonies are like a muscle; we need to exercise it and make it stronger. We opened by reading a couple of scriptures. We're really trying to teach Broseph how to look things up in our scriptures. Starting with Doctrine and Covenants. It took me a while to get the hang of it myself. We ended with a yummy treat that I found on Pinterest. I wanted this FHE to be fun but it got really serious, really fast. I will not name names buuuuut..... He's gonna hear about it later. Haha!

Scriptures: D&C 115:4-5 , D&C 58:6, and Alma 30:44

I took a couple hints from Prepared NOT Scared. I'm a total cheap-o and don't want to use my printer ink unless its ABSOLUTELY necessary. So instead of using the print outs from their site, I just put them on index cards. But, I'll get back to that.

After reading our scriptures, we asked Broseph what he thought a testimony was. There's definitely no wrong answers at Haus Von Schenck. He knew that we have a fast and testimony meeting every month but wasn't too sure why and how to share his testimony. Both Rich and I shared our testimonies with him and tried to answer his questions to the best of our ability. After our discussion, we went back to those index cards. I drew little bears on the blank side (sticking with the theme) and on the other side I wrote a topic to bear our testimonies about. The topics included: The Book of Mormon, the 1st Vision and Temple Marriage. Just to name a few. We want him to be comfortable enough to bear his testimony in front of a congregation or in front of his friends. This definitely applies to us as well. When we finished that, we wrote down our testimonies on a blank index card and placed them in our scriptures.


Treat: I made Gummy Bear popsicles! Pretty yummy. Broseph really liked them. But he likes anything sweet. Mine doesn't look like the one on Pinterest but I don't think anyone noticed. 
There wasn't an official recipe for these so I just winged it. I stuffed our popsicle molds with gummy bears and filled it up with 7up. I tried to make the soda flat but ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

No comments:

Post a Comment