Thursday, January 20, 2011

17 years ago..

So just recently I had come in contact with my cousin Annie. We were 8 years old the last time we saw each other. And the closest of close. I can't exactly explain what happened between our families, because I'm not too sure on the details. All I can remember was my aunt showing up to my house with a big black trash bag full of toys and 3 of my cousins sitting in her car waiting to leave. Non of which were Annie. I begged my mom to let me open the toys but she told me that they were not mine. So I would sit there and look up at the closet where the toys were placed and knew that Annie and the rest of my cousins were never going to receive those toys that my uncle had bought for them. I also knew that I would never see Annie ever again.
I often wondered what it would have been like if we grew up together. The things we would talk about. Boys, school, fashion, etc. I wish she was there to plan my 15th birthday party. Which up until recently didn't know that she was going to come but her mother intervened.  I wish she was there to call her and tell her that I had FINALLY met the man of my dreams or that he proposed to me and she would help me plan the wedding. So many things that we could have done. Maybe there would have been fights. Then make-ups. 
This Friday, the hubs and I are going to meet up with her. I'm going to be honest and say that I am AMAZINGLY nervous, excited and overwhelmed. I'm planning on what to wear, how to wear my make-up, how to wear my hear and what to talk about. A friend said to me today.. "Wouldn't it be funny if you saw each other and felt like not a day has gone by..." I wish. I will follow up on a post afterward. But for now, wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Wow i remember her and all of them, Hope u have fun danielle. send them love from me

    ReplyDelete