Friday, January 21, 2011

Something that I only dreamed of..

Today was the day that I went to see my cousin Annie for the first time in 17 years. And of course I forgot the camera. (*next time I promise.) It was everything and more. Well actually in my over active imagination, I imagined something like one of those slow motion run and hugs like in the movies. But it didn't turn out that way. 

It started with me showing up to her little studio in San Diego. I was so nervous I couldn't even get out of the car. I brought the hubs for support. I finally got up the steps and down the hall to her place. I texted her and told her I was outside. As I got to her door, she texted me and said she wasn't home yet. Oh my gosh! You mean no slow run and hug? OK, I sat outside for a good 10 minutes by the time she pulled up with her sister Inez. One of my other beautiful cousins. Inez is older than us and I never really talked much to her as a child. At least I don't remember. Annie got out of the car and my friend was right. Its like not a day had gone by. I was so nervous though. What if she didn't like me? I mean, people change. But she gave me the longest and strongest hugs ever! I wanted to start crying but I didn't want to ruin the moment. She is so beautiful. I can't even describe how breathtaking she is. I just thought to myself... "I wish we would have grown up together."

Then came the beautiful Inez. She gave me a big hug. Again.. I shut down the water works. I also met the handsome Geo. What a cutie pie! And a chatterbox! I love to hear kids talk. I wish I could have recorded my brothers voice. I hope Inez records his. So precious. 

Well anyways, the girls took me to a nice Mexican restaurant called Miguels Cocina. Not like Miguels Jr. or anything. This food was to die for! Like no joke. We're gonna go again and for sure I will post a pic of that.

We went sight seeing around San Diego. Went over the Coronado bridge. Shared stories and ate ice cream. I saw a HUGE bookstore while we were driving. I hid my excitement but knew that we had to go back. It was like in an old movie theater. I have to go there!!! And yes of course I will take pictures. Dang I'm such a slacker. We ended the night early with promises of future get togethers. I'm so excited to see what the future holds for us. 

*By the way, sorry for the less than colorful blog posts. I'm still learning

No comments:

Post a Comment