Monday, October 12, 2015

October 12th: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Today we watched my favorite movie!!! Ok, one of the many. The first Harry Potter movie (and book) are my favorite! Of course all the books are magical but the first one is so new to not only Harry but to the reader as well. He's discovering the magical world for the first time and it's exciting! For dinner, we made loaded shepherd's pie, Because shepherd's pie is VERY British. It's also referenced in some of the books. It was so yummy that we pretty much inhaled it and I didn't get a chance to take a picture. I did get the recipe from Pinterest. I modified it though. I used instant mashed potatoes and added the sour cream. I used soy meat crumbles instead of actual ground beef and Costco bacon bits.  And for dessert we had "Polyjuice Potion" (7UP and lime sherbet). I had planned on doing a Harry Potter themed FHE but didn't plan it too well. Next time I guess. We also got to have the Missionaries over for dinner. I finally made something they liked! And they didn't know that it wasn't real meat. Muahahahahaha!!!



"Harry and Ron slouched into the Great Hall in states of deepest gloom, Hermione behind them, wearing a well-you-did-break-school-rules sort of expression. Harry didn't enjoy his shepherd's pie as much as he'd thought."


Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody: [handing out Polyjuice Potion] "Fair warning, it tastes like goblin piss."
Fred Weasley: "Have lots of experience with that, do you, Mad-Eye?"
[Moody glares]
Fred Weasley: "Just trying to diffuse the tension"

No comments:

Post a Comment