Sunday, October 25, 2015

October 25th: Beetlejuice

"BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE!!!!!" Ok, seriously, how can you not like this movie? If you can't tell already, I'm a big fan of Tim Burton...except Corpse Bride..(sore subject). I watched this movie when I was a kid and always watched the cartoon. Product of the early 90's right here. Anyways, for dinner we started with an appetizer of shrimp cocktail (insert "Banana Boat" song) and for dinner we had black and white pasta (representing Beetlejuice's iconic suit and the love of black and white that Tim Burton has). Squid ink was way too expensive so I just used regular old food dye. It freaked Broseph out too much and he didn't want to eat it. We topped it off with red sauce (to match Lydia's wedding dress). No dessert this time. Although, I had planned one. Maybe next time.


Fairly cheap shrimp and cocktail sauce from Trader Joe's. It's becoming my new favorite store. 

Broseph's gluten free pasta that I dyed. I thought it was cool. 



Charles: As soon as we get settled, we'll build you a dark room in the basement, okay? 
Lydia: My whole life is a dark room. One big dark room. 

Lydia is my hero.



Adam: What are your qualifications? 
Beetlejuice: Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified?








No comments:

Post a Comment