Wednesday, October 14, 2015

October 14th: The Witches

Today we had the privilege to feed the Missionaries again. Poor guys have a hard time finding someone to feed them. I absolutely LOVE feeding them! I love hearing their mission stories and about their lives back home. Although they can't watch the movies with us, they get a kick out of these Halloween themed dinners. Tonight we watched "The Witches". I had never seen this movie. I did read the book as a child though. Very good. I mean, Roald Dahl... enough said. For dinner we had chicken salad sand(witches). They loved it. Another successful Missionary meal for the boys. I also let it slip that the Shepherd's pie from the other night was meatless. Elder Griffin couldn't believe it! He said it was too tasty to be fake meat. He also asked for the recipe. I'd say they like my cooking.



Crescents courtesy of Costco (my favorite and very dangerous). I didn't use Greek yogurt like the recipe calls for. Just regular old Best Foods mayonnaise. I also didn't add walnuts because who has walnuts just lying around the house. And also Broseph and I aren't fans of nuts. 

Recipe from: damn delicious

Beatrice: [to another witch, under her breath] We can't possibly wipe out ALL of them!
Grand High Witch: Who spoke? Who DARES to argue with me? It was you!
Beatrice: I didn't mean to argue, your Grandness
Grand High Witch: You DARED to argue with me?
Beatrice: No, honestly, it just was a...
Grand High Witch: A stupid witch who answers back, must BURN till her bones are black!
Beatrice: No! No!
Grand High Witch: A foolish witch without a brain, must sizzle into fire and flame! I witch who dares to say I'm wrong, will not be with us... VERY LONG!
[she zaps the witch with her eyes]

2 comments:

  1. Sand"witches" is awesome!!! ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks! I try to make the ordinary food magical.

      Delete